Monday, August 5, 2013

Celebrate the Sweet Details and Call it Home.

"Have nothing in your house 
that you do not know to be useful, 
nor believe to be beautiful"
~ William Morris

Our house is a Queenslander and almost a hundred years old.

It needs love - like any old timber house of a busy young family typically needs. Here, there is always something that needs painting or fixing or finishing. The bathroom tap has been dripping for longer than I care to admit and there's mud trampled up the front stairs. There is an unidentified creature (a possum?) who scratches around in the wall by my desk every night. 

There are things that drive me crazy about living here! 

But I just love this house. 

I love its heart, its honesty, its bones. This house has integrity. So I choose to celebrate the sweet details, live simply, make it as comfortable as I can... and call it Home. 





Fb Comments
2 Comments
Disqus
Comments :

2 comments :

  1. your home is beautiful Amber, I love how you've put your touch on it! All the white is so soothing and peaceful...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...