Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Getting out of the house

It's been raining here for weeks.

We needed to shake things up. To get out of the house today.
So we headed to the beach.


It was unusually dark for a Summer morning, threatening to rain, but so beautiful. 


 I love seeing my boys run free. Like the wind.


And then Mother Nature came good on her threats and the heavens opened.


So we retreated to the new local library. 

Lovely had already visited but it was the first time for Hug and I. This local library has been a local community dream for as long as we have lived in the area, which is now 13 years! It's thrilling to finally be able to walk inside.


I was immediately struck by the beautiful view at the end of the room.
Stunning.


We did a little schoolwork. The boys were more distracted that I would have hoped and it gave me great food for thought for our future travels. I will definitely need to flex our regular routines and style when we are living and learning on the road. These thoughts will be discussed and meditated on and grappled with here ad nauseum I am sure. Lol. I am a work in progress.


Regardless, we were  thrilled to be surrounded by books. We are all crazy for books. Libraries and bookstores thrill us so we were muchos happy. 

The boys were excited to point out a copy of one of our current read-alouds, The Word Spy by Ursula Dubosarsky, sitting on the shelf.


What did you do today?


Fb Comments
4 Comments
Disqus
Comments :

4 comments :

  1. lovely works and images Amber i'm so excited to follow your adventures and would love to hear about your travel plans
    ~Rosemary <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rosemary! Lovely to see you here :)

    I am sure to write more about our plans but basically we are going away for 6 months from September. 4 months in Europe and 2 in Asia.

    I see you have a long-lost blog. DO you mind if I read through some of it? There are so many years to catch up on! XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amb, gorgeous photos lovely. Where is the stunning new library? Why did we leave? Bxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you B. It's Byron library btw! xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...