Thursday, December 13, 2012

Relaxation Cards for Kids - Make Your Own!

Everybody needs to (learn to) relax.

I certainly do ;)
And my boys are no exception. 


We have been working through the book Learning Champs by Colin Rose (both Lovely and Hug particularly enjoyed writing their own Positive Statements). When we got to the section on relaxation I thought it would be nice to make our own set of Relaxation Cards for those moments when (big and) little people need to calm down and relax.


We photocopied the relaxation ideas from the book (you could copy these out of a kids relaxation book from your local library or bookshelf :) Or, do a little google search. 


We pasted them onto some card-stock and then I let the boys decorate them as they wanted. Hug set the theme. I LOVE these - they're so gorgeous. 


Here is the 'full set' but we will add to them over time I'm sure.  

They now live in a repurposed box, but as I look over these photos I am reminded of a small bamboo bowl we used to have... I wonder where that is? These would suit it perfectly.


What else do you need to relax? A yummy salad for lunch. Yep. So we did that too. 
What are your favourite kid-friendly relaxation techniques? A. x


Fb Comments
4 Comments
Disqus
Comments :

4 comments :

  1. What a wonderful idea! Yes, it's certainly that time of year - and wonderful when you can take time out to relax. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great post. I know this is going to come in handy. Pinning it!
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome idea! I am going to do this with my kids. I've always enjoyed your blog and this is my first time commenting (I've been too shy). I just wanted to say you've inspired me with all your montessori ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello ladies, thank you all for stoping to say hi :) I really appreciate it! xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...