Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Hug's aesthetic & some great books

Here's something else I wanted to show you. To go with our new couches we have a really cute new coffee table with a glass top & a presentation drawer underneath.

T and Hug set it up while I was out & T filled it with some of his favourite coffee table books including The Joy of Art which is an amazing, totally beautiful, instructional art book that we bought when we visited the National Gallery last year. The book itself is a work of art. Here's the amazon link to it... I have no idea why the price is so reasonable?! It's big & just so gorgeous, & unlike any art book I've seen before. While you can introduce younger children to some of the simpler concepts now they would be able to use it throughout their childhood & into their adult years. You can tell I get a bit excited when I like something, can't you ;)

Anyway, the actual point of this post was that, when T put the books into the table, Hug went and removed the cover from his Lyra watercolour paint set and placed it & a brush in their too. I think it looks great! Thanks Hug, you colour our world :)

p.s. In case you're interested, the 3 other books T included are:



Fb Comments
2 Comments
Disqus
Comments :

2 comments :

  1. The book and brush under the glass are now a piece of art themselves!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...