Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Easter Activity | Real chocolate eggs!


** Please consider kitchen hygiene, make sure you keep them in the fridge and eat them within 24 hours if you make these **

So, this might be a crazy idea!

But we had some of that delicious organic milk chocolate left over from making the bunnies... & it occurred to me that it would be lots of fun for the boys to have a real egg filled with chocolate on Easter morning.

I blew out, washed & dried some eggs (in the sun to make sure they were clean & dry). 
Melted the chocolate.
Put some masking tape over the small hole at the top of the egg & tipped it upside down...
And attempted to get that chocolate in! 

It wasn't as easy as one would think. Here I am taking a photo of myself trying to get it in with a funnel. Put down the camera Amber & focus ;)

The funnel was a bit of a messy disaster (not that I was complaining about being covered in chocolate! yum.) but I eventually discovered that it was quite easy to use a piping bag.

So, they're in the fridge now & I had thought to try to 'mend' the hole at the bottom with some tissue paper or the like but I think that I'll just sit them in an egg carton, or some of our colourful cracked shells

What will they be like? I can't see why they won't be fabulous but seeing that they're still to be tested I can only advise you to recreate them at your own risk ;)  I shall report back after the "big day".


Fb Comments
1 Comments
Disqus
Comments :

1 comment :

  1. Wow, you have so many egg-citing Eater activities! Thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...