Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A rainy afternoon of creative pursuits


I printed this Mandala here & love the passionate approach Lovely has used! 

He had been really wanting to use texta's for colouring & while I prefer them to use pencils (the texta's are on a higher shelf & they do have to request them) I understood that the intensity of colour (or should I say - lack of it with the pencils we had on offer) was the problem. So, I decided to invest in some great Lyra pencils. Oh, how I wish I had done this sooner! We have Lyra watercolour paints & crayon blocks & these pencils are such a great addition. The colours pack such punch!


Hug drew this during our Montessori work cycle. I recently bought some plastic insets to use until we can get a proper set. Using the Montessori metal insets was one of his favourite activities  at preschool. He used the semi-circle and star shapes & then - obviously! - went off on a tangent... Planet Earth with Australia at the top & then Saturn & Venus down the bottom & a Coconut Palm to finish it all off.

I had printed out patterns for the pattern blocks but they were the wrong size & Lovely took to colouring them instead.

Hug's bunny. Too cute, even if it looks like a squirrel ;) Or maybe a wombat sitting up! He's so into making Easter creations right now.

We hadn't had playdough out in ages. 

A new Mandala from Hug.

Hug's free-drawing.


Fb Comments
4 Comments
Disqus
Comments :

4 comments :

  1. As far as Easter goes, I am making fairy eggs:

    http://rosegardenhomeschool.blogspot.com/2009/03/easter-ideas.html

    And then this; (a copy of my comment to you on my blog: :) )

    Amber,

    So far I am making Logan a fishing game out of felt with magnets on the ends of the fish and a fishing line with magnets, and then Cyan is getting 4 Root Children (I am making them from wooden doll forms I have had in a craft box for years) with a small twig house.

    Your making chocolates? How are you doing that? I know that Sadie (from Boy's Life) is making some too and I haven't done that for Easter before. I only do chocolates for Christmas and I always do the same thing. lol... I'm boring.

    I am still looking for something for Alex. Don wants to get him Lazer Tag, but that doesn't really go along with our "very little money, handmade gift" theme does it? lol... I was thinking of making him a journal and giving him a disappearing ink pen or something, but am still in search of ideas for sure.

    ~~~~

    I will be giving some playsilks if I can find them before Easter. They will be the roof of Cyan's twig house.

    Fun stuff!

    Happy Monday!

    Val

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Amber,

    I just wanted to let you know that I nominated for you two awards on my blog.

    Have a good night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those colors are so vibrant... I'll have to look into them. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been reading your blog for a while now and enjoy it, so I nominated you for an award on my site. I really enjoy your photography and I have utilized several of the links on you sidebar, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...